The Association is seeking candidates for President, 1st Vice President, 2nd Vice President, 3rd Vice President [one year term each], four directors [ 2- three-year term, 1 - two-year unexpired term and 1- one-year unexpired term]. See descriptions and responsibilities of positions below.
If you are interested in a position on the board, please fill out the 2021 Nomination Form by August 20, 2021.
- The Nominating Committee shall be appointed by the President and shall consist of five members. No two members of the Nominating Committee shall be from the same county. The Nominating Committee may propose no member of the Nominating Committee, as a candidate for any officer or director position
- Members in good standing may submit suggestions to the Nominating Committee before the annual meeting for consideration by such Committee.
- The Nominating Committee shall present a proposed slate of officers and/or directors at the annual meeting. Names of those candidates for office shall be posted just inside the meeting room, prior to the annual meeting for review by the membership. Floor nominations, as allowed under the decorum of Robert's Rules of Order, will be permitted.
- Only members in good standing shall be eligible to nominate and/or vote at any meeting. The Secretary shall certify the list of eligible voters prior to the electoral process. If an ineligible vote should be cast that vote shall be null and void unless the matter of eligibility is resolved prior to the inception of any vote.
- The election shall be by written ballot, in the event of a contest for any office. The management of the electoral process shall be controlled by the Nominating Committee, who shall be responsible for the entire electoral process. The Chairperson of the Nominating Committee shall report the electoral vote to the membership and shall be responsible for the maintenance and destruction of any ballots.
- The Secretary, upon the proper motion, may cast the singular ballot to elect any officer and/or director.
- The majority vote shall constitute the will of the membership.
- Retiring Officers/Directors - No officer or Director who has served one full one-year term (officer) or two full three-year terms (director) shall be eligible for re-election to the same office until two years have elapsed unless the office cannot be filled by nomination. This rule does not apply to appointed positions.
- To be eligible for the position of an officer or director the candidate must have been a Court Clerk for at least three years and a member in good standing as defined in Article III of the bylaws.
- To be eligible to run for a position of Officer of the Executive Board, a member must complete at least two consecutive years as a Director or in an Appointed Position of the Board of Directors, provided that at the time that said individual is seeking office no greater than two years has elapsed since serving as a Director or in an Appointed Position.
Positions on the Board
- First Vice-President
- Second Vice-President
- Third Vice-President
- Executive Secretary
- Executive Treasurer
- Administrative Assistant
The President shall be the presiding officer of the Corporation. It shall be the duty of the President to preside at all meetings of the Corporation. The President shall cast the deciding vote on any matter, whether before the Board of Directors or the membership.
The First Vice-President shall assume the duties of the President in the absence of the President. The First Vice-President shall be the Chairperson of the Membership Committee. Additionally, the First Vice-President shall perform such duties as may be assigned by the President.
The Second Vice-President shall be Chairperson of the Education Committee and Coordinator of the District Training Curriculum and assignments and will develop and coordinate this activity with the Conference Committee Chairperson, where applicable. Additionally, the Second Vice-President shall perform such duties as may be assigned by the President.
The Third Vice-President shall be the Chairperson of the Parliamentary Committee and shall be the liaison officer with all county chapters of this Corporation. The Third Vice- President will assist all county chapters in implementing appropriate programs and be responsible for fostering county chapters of this Corporation. Additionally, the Third Vice-President shall perform such duties as may be assigned by the President.
The Secretary shall:
- Be responsible for the minutes of all meetings, either of the membership or the Board of Directors.
- Shall have custody of the seal of the Corporation and shall affix and attest such seal when duly authorized by the Board of Directors.
- Shall give proper notice to all members and interested parties as prescribed in Article III § (3) and Article V § (11).
- Shall have custody and charge of such books and papers as the Board of Directors direct.
- Shall attend to all correspondence of the Corporation and shall further perform all duties incidental to this office.
- Shall maintain an alphabetical roll of the membership, specifically indicating names, addresses, and dates of membership.
- As assigned and authorized shall deposit fund in name of the Corporation, in such bank or trust company as approved by the Board of Directors .
The Treasurer shall:
- Have care and custody of all funds and securities of the Corporation.
- Deposit said funds, in the name of the Corporation, in such bank or trust company as approved by the Board of Directors.
- Sign and execute all contracts in the name of the Corporation, when properly countersigned by the President, as authorized by the Board of Directors.
- Sign all checks, drafts, notes, and orders for payment of money, as authorized by the Board of Directors.
- At all reasonable times exhibit the books and accounts to any Director or upon the written request of five members of the Corporation, provided such application shall be made at the office of the Corporation during ordinary business hours.
- Prior to the annual meeting submit the books and accounts to the Audit Committee.
The president shall appoint an Administrative Assistant whose duties shall be to assist the Secretary and Treasurer as he/she sees fit. The Administrative Assistant shall be a member of the Board of Directors and serve the Executive Board. The Administrative Assistant shall have voting privileges.
A Director shall be assigned to various Association committees by the President and perform such duties under the direction of the Committee Chair. A Director may also be assigned a Committee Chair.